Sunday, September 19, 2010

Guest Designer at Creative Scrappers



I was so excited when Kristine asked me be a guest designers on the Creative Scrappers Blog! I just love their fun sketches and the designers create the most awesome layouts. My son, Aydan, just turned 5 and the night before I took a little photo shoot out in the backyard. I do this with Kendall as well. I have a lot of "almost" layouts. I probably should have put some more journaling about his favs right now. But really this layout is just to feature Aydan's pretty little face. So please head to Creative Scrappers here and see the other takes on this amazing sketch!


Used a lot of new Jillibean soup here and made the banners with my slice. After I cut them out I put a letter sticker on each flag, rubbed the paper with some ranger ink and removed the sticker. I love this technique, such a fun way to change up things.


See the embossed cardstock? That's from Core-dinations made for Cosmo Cricket. They sell it at Hobby Lobby now...just love that embossed look! Thanks for looking!


Supplies Used:


Cardstock: Core'dinations


Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey


Journaling Spots, Corrugated Alphas: Jillibean Soup


Rub Ons: My Minds Eye


Brads: Recollections


Punch: Stampin Up


Die Cut Machine and Design Card (Vintage Findings): Making Memories Slice


Red Distress Ink and White Pen: Ranger


Paper Distressor: Heidi Swapp & Making Memories


Cream Ink: Papertry Ink


Other: cork, string, and twine

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

laura vegas said...

you did an awesome job on this sketch! congrats on being asked to contribute! and i'm loving all the jillibean soup on here ... so cute! i think the banner is my favorite part ... that would be a fun idea to do with misting sprays too :)

Valeria said...

I love your work! It's so refreshing. So full of energy! Really inspiring! I'm glad you've been asked to contribute. It's a present for us! Thank you :-)

Heather Ruwe said...

WOW! Great LO...you worked that sketch girl! :) the colors work so well together...tfs!

Carine Hartman said...

This layout is stunning. I love the colors you used.
Í miss bogging at the moment, but after i've finished school i will be back with my blog

Sasha Farina said...

this one is my favorite of yours Carla! the colors are fresh and everything else is perfect!

Sara said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot!! Love all the details on here! The banner is awesome! I have that Slice card....got to try that out on my next LO!!

Traveling Mama said...

Your layout is amazing! I love it!! Congrats on the feature!

Christine Meyer said...

You caught my eye because of living in the Chicago suburbs, I live about 6O miles out of Chicago in the middle of nowhere! Beautiful layouts, can't wait to see more!

Sasha Farina said...

what caught my eyes? the colors! they're so yummy. and of course, Aydan. he's so handsome!!