I selected my pics and collaged them in Picasa, making them into wallet size pics (2x3). I cut them out and then divided them into smaller categories...field trips, art, etc. Then I printed out a "Mini Map" from Pagemaps and hung it on my wall for inspiration. I didn't take a picture of the album itself but its a K&Co by Carolyn Galvin and so is the double-sided PP and the embellies (die cuts, borders, rub ons, etc). I added a few Jillibean Soup Sprouts here and there and a library checkout cart to some. I have about 4 pages left...a cover page, a page with her teachers, and her last day pages. We have 2 "last days", the one from May and one coming up at the end of August. She goes to Kindergarten Camp there for the summer and its with the same teachers she had for Kindergarten. I can't believe she starts first grade soon...
My goal was to make this simple and get it done! Nothing really exciting here but I do love the colors on these papers! Also love how it works with the kraft cardstock and the kraft journaling sprouts. I also gotta say that I made 2 of these pages while riding in our van on our way to Wisconsin!
Well that's the album so far...hope you enjoyed it!
And...goodness, are we at week 31 already?? Seriously? I finally got my pics from last week edited and just ordered some more prints. Right now my actual 365 album is up to date until July 4th. Getting the pics, editing them, and ordering them is the hard part. Putting them in the album is a cake walk.
Week 30:
Sunday: My garden is finally producing some veggies. This stone in the front is from my sister. She calls me LaLa and had to get this for me. I love it. Monday: Fishing.
Tuesday: Obama on facebook. I thought it was funny that he asked us to "Tweet" our senators about health care reform. Funny hearing a president asking us to Tweet. I copied the elements from the post and redid it in photoshop.
Wednesday: Kids playing in the sprinkle but all they did was fill up their buckets and pour it on the pation.
Thursday: My son is a carnivore!! He loves hamburgers and can finish the huge ones.
Friday: My son also hates eggs. I had some hard boiled ones and he wanted to try. He did eat some of it.
Saturday: Trip to DQ!
A card I made for my best friend Tracy. Used some of the K & Co diecuts and MM Just Chillin Girl. I actually purchased a Fastenater that was on super clearance...don't like how crooked they came out so I put some gems in-between.
Also the sentiment is a rub-on from American Crafts...
Well, that's it...I think I made up for the last three weeks. Are you still with me??? Thanks for looking!
9 comments:
WOW!! What an AWESOME mini album!! I am amazed that you did some of it while in the car! It all looks so fun & happy! So cool that they give you all those great pics of them in school!
this is an incredible album carla! it turned out so nice ... and has got to feel good to get done and in one place. that is so neat that the school gives you all those photos.
and a funny thing. i know we've talked about how you were doing this album .. and what product you were using. but i really didn't put it all together until seeing this. lol! i'm a little slow sometimes. lol! i have some of that product ... it's so cute.
this is an incredible album carla! it turned out so nice ... and has got to feel good to get done and in one place. that is so neat that the school gives you all those photos.
and a funny thing. i know we've talked about how you were doing this album .. and what product you were using. but i really didn't put it all together until seeing this. lol! i'm a little slow sometimes. lol! i have some of that product ... it's so cute.
Those layouts are great Carla, I wonder witch size you scrap on. I scrap always with 12 by 12 inch.
And i'm sorry my blog is only in dutch. I tried to do it in English but I have a little trouble some times so I gave up.
wwwwwooooooooooeeeeeeeee...that album is super cute! And your son not liking eggs? Wow...I can't get enough of them..should probably lay of of them in fact lol!!!! Love your art honey! Chat soon,
-Karla
a whole album!! what an achievement, Girl! and yes yes yes.. so lucky that they let you have copies of the photos!!
WOW! What a beautiful album! I worked at a kindergarten a while ago and was always photographing the kids and giving the parents the pictures afterwards. They loved to see what they were actually doing in school.
I love all of the patterned paper! Very vibrant. You did a fantastic job! :-)
Hi Carla,
thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.. thought I'd pay you a visit too! LOVE your mini-album, the papers and embellies work together beautifully! Such a wonderful album to look back on in years to come.
Best wishes,
Sarah
http://paperobsession.typepad.co.uk
Post a Comment